This course is designed for doctors, registered nurses and others who work, or intend to work, in the Medical sector in Sweden.
The course covers medical terminology, practice in specialist vocabulary and a review of basic grammatical structures. It is oriented towards improving students basic vocabulary related to healthcare, so that they can communicate respectfully and effectively with Swedish speaking colleagues, patients and their families in the course of their daily work.
The course focus on:
- improving general and social Swedish language skills and your pronunciation
- enhancing your communication skills for dealing with Swedish-speaking patients and colleagues
- developing specific vocabulary and expressions for Swedish used in the medical sector
- working on writing medical reports, emails or case studies
- working on your specific requests